TIME: 07:30 am - 09:00 am
In the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states 40% of our greenhouse gas emissions are from the transportation sector. How we choose to get to work (and other destinations) each day is a big effect on this. We also need to see more investment in transit systems, commuter rail, and transit-oriented development.
Each weekday of this week, we'll be gathering together informally at a different coffee shop or breakfast spot in Hartford for camaraderie, networking, and good eats. There isn't a heavy agenda, other than to put a focus on transportation choices and much needed sustainable transportation investments by the state and federal government.
Stop by any day. Stop by all of the days. Take a bus, bike, walk, carpool/vanpool, or take the train. Bring friends. Tell co-workers. Make a difference and expand that impact beyond yourself.
- Monday: Ashley's Restaurant, 221 Main St
- Tuesday: Donde Julio Restaurant-Hartford, 83 Park St
- Wednesday: Blue State Coffee - 777 Main Street, Hartford
- Thursday: Story and Soil Coffee, 387 Capitol Ave
- Friday: Starbucks on Front Street, across from UConn Hartford